1. Home
  2. /
  3. About us

About us

La Doria Group: land, people, roots

La Doria has its roots in Southern Italy, in the Nocerino-Sarnese countryside, a land initially dedicated to the cultivation of tomatoes and which over time has become one of the two Italian poles of transformation of this wonderful product.

Founded in the1950s as a family business specialising in tomato processing, today it is a food company of excellence, an international leader in the canning sector.

Our mission: the quality alternative to the brand

Our goal is to supply La Doria clients with top quality business-to-business products at highly competitive prices and as an alternative to the brands.

Our strategy is based on a combination of organic growth – to be achieved through market expansion and the pursuit of efficiency – and external growth by exploiting the prospects of consolidation in the food industry.

International Vocation and Italian Identity

Ours is a story that starts from our homeland and reaches all over the world, combining strong Italian roots with an international vocation. We have always been present in foreign markets on which we continue to grow steadily, today more than 80% of our revenues are generated abroad.

BORN IN ANGRI (SA) NEL 1954
6 PLANT IN ITALY
866 MILLION CONSOLIDATED TURNOVER IN 2021
97% PRIVATE LABEL VALUE
83% EXPORT VALUE

Values and passion since 1954

  • Legality
  • Ethics
  • Transparency
  • Respect for workers’ rights
  • Environmental sustainability
  • Local development

These are the principles that guide the actions of our company. They are for us inalienable values as well as the necessary condition for economic activity and the healthy and full development of the territory.

Production heartland in Campania

We have plants spread across several regions of Italy, but the region of Campania is still essential to our activities, and not only those of manufacturing. Our headquarters and our main factory is located at Angri.

Group structure

La Doria is controlled by Amalfi Invest S.p.A., a company whose share capital is 65 % owned by investment companies of the Investindustrial VII L.P. fund and the remaining 35 % by some members of the Ferraioli family.

Listed on the MTA of Borsa Italiana (now Euronext Milan) since 1995 and subsequently on the STAR segment (Euronext Star Milan), in May 2022 La Doria was delisted and is now a private company.

AMALFI INVEST S.P.A.
98.6%
LA DORIA S.P.A.
63.9%
LHD (LA DORIA LTD)
98%
EUGEA MEDITERRANEA S.P.A.
100%
LA DORIA USA. INC.

Our results

Leading
European producer of peeled and chopped tomatoes in retail

Leading
European producer of canned pulses in retail

Leader in UK (tomatoes and legumes), Australia and Japan (tomatoes)

Among the leading Italian producers of juices and fruit drinks

La Doria S.p.A.- società con unico socio, Via Nazionale 320 Angri (Sa) - Italia
Capitale sociale € 46.810.000 (int. vers.)
C.F., P.IVA e N. iscrizione Registro Imprese di Salerno:
IT00180700650- REA SA147593