1. Home
  2. /
  3. News-Media
  4. /
  5. Press releases
  6. /
  7. LA DORIA: IN 2022...


– Consolidated revenues over 1 billion euros for the first time, up 17.6 % from 2021;
– Sales performance has seen remarkable growth, particularly for the “Tomato Derivatives Line” (+24%) and the “Sauces” and “Legumes, Vegetables and Pasta” lines, both around +20%;
– Revealed a significant increase in revenues both in the Italian market (+ 20%) and abroad (+ 17%), with important performances in Great Britain, Germany and the Scandinavian countries.

Angri (SA), March 27, 2023 -The Board of Directors of La Doria S.p.A., a leader in the production of tomato derivatives, sauces, legumes and fruit juices under the Large-Scale Retailer brand, a company whose share capital is 65 % owned by investment companies of the Investindustrial VII L.P fund and some members of the Ferraioli family for the remaining 35 %, has approved the Draft Financial Statements and Consolidated Financial Statements as of December 31, 2022. Consolidated revenues, for the first time in the Group’s history, exceeded the 1 billion euro threshold to 1.018 billion euros, up 17.6 % from 866 million euros in the previous year. The figure should be read in light of an increase in list prices, correlated, however, with a sharp rise in costs attributable to economic and geopolitical factors related to the pandemic and especially the conflict in Ukraine, and a 3.4 % growth in volumes of products sold.
“The revenues recorded in 2022 represent an important milestone for us, which demonstrates our solidity and our ability to grow even in the most complex periods,” said La Doria Group CEO Antonio Ferraioli, “We have been able to cope with the critical economic and geopolitical issues of 2022. The most important figure certainly remains volume growth,” continued CEO Antonio Ferraioli, “which has transversally involved our lines and the markets in which we are present. We will continue to operate with our international development policy aimed, on the one hand, at expansion in geographic areas with high growth potential and, on the other, at improving our international positioning in the market segments in which we are already present.”

In terms of the breakdown of sales by product categories offered by the La Doria Group, the “Tomato Derivatives Line”-also known as the “Red Line”-saw an increase in revenues of 24 percent, the “Sauces Line” increased by 20.5 ^%, while the “Pulses, Vegetables Canned Pasta Line” saw an overall growth of 19.6 percent. Finally, “Fruit Line” and “Other Lines”-that is, products purchased from third parties and marketed by the subsidiary LDH in the UK market-increased by 7.8 %and 12.6 %, respectively.

The breakdown of revenues by geographical area shows significant growth in the Italian market (+20 %), second only to the United Kingdom, accounting for 16.9 % of total revenues. The Group, which exports its products to 60 countries around the world, increased its revenues in international markets by 17 %, accounting for 83.1 %. The best performances were recorded in the historical markets for La Doria, including Great Britain, which remains the main foreign outlet market, Germany and the Scandinavian countries. This is followed by Australia, New Zealand and Eastern European countries. The Group also generates significant shares of sales in France, the U.S. and Japan.

La Doria Spa

La Doria Spa, a company whose share capital is indirectly held 65 % by investment companies of the Investindustrial VII L.P fund and by some members of the Ferraioli family for the remaining 35 %, is Europe’s leading producer of preserved legumes, peeled tomatoes and tomato pulp in the retail channel and among the leading Italian producers of fruit juices and drinks. The Company is also the leading producer in Europe of ready-made sauces under the brand name of retail chains (private labels). The 2022 turnover was 1.018 billion euros of which more than 97 percent was generated through the private labels segment with leading domestic and international retailers.


For more information:

La Doria Press Office

Patrizia Lepere, Corporate Affairs & Communications Manager

Tel +39 081 5166260 – Mob 340/9673931 patrizia.lepere@gruppoladoria.it

Ad Hoc Communication Advisors

Giorgio Zambeletti – Email: giorgio.zambeletti@ahca.it

Ivan Barbieri – Mob: 3351415581 – e-mail: ivan.barbieri@ahca.it

Sara Mastrorocco – Mob: 3351415590 – e-mail: sara.mastrorocco@ahca.it

Beatrice Cuccirelli – Mob: 3351415587 – e-mail: beatrice.cuccirelli@ahca.it


La Doria S.p.A.- società con unico socio, Via Nazionale 320 Angri (Sa) - Italia
Capitale sociale € 46.810.000 (int. vers.)
C.F., P.IVA e N. iscrizione Registro Imprese di Salerno:
IT00180700650- REA SA147593