1. Home
  2. /
  3. News-Media
  4. /
  5. Press releases
  6. /


A commitment that represents another step on the company’s sustainable growth journey
to actively contribute to global challenges.

Angri (SA), July 4, 2023La Doria, the leading tomato-based products, sauces, pulses and fruit juices for supermarket private labels market Group, controlled by the Investindustrial fund and held also by a number of members of the Ferraioli family, has joined the United Nation Global Compact (UNGC), the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative, based on ten universal principles related to human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption. The Group has therefore joined more than 15,000 companies and 3,000 non-commercial signatories based in more than 160 countries and more than 70 local networks.

“We are very proud to join thousands of other companies globally committed to the development of a healthy and sustainable world economy that guarantees a better future for everyone “ – stated La Doria Group CEO Antonio Ferraioli – “Aware of our responsibility to the planet, the supply chain and the communities and regions in which we are located, we have always paid close attention to the social and environmental implications – ahead of those of an economic nature – of our business in order to achieve sustainable growth. For this reason, we enthusiastically endorse the United Nations’ call encouraging businesses around the world to align their strategies with the Ten Principles of the UN’s Global Compact and in line with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set out in the 2030 Agenda.”


Launched in 2000, the United Nations Global Compact is the largest voluntary corporate sustainability initiative for the development, introduction and dissemination of responsible practices. It is a call for companies around the world to promote and respect human and labour rights, safeguard the environment and work against corruption in all its forms. Signatory companies undertake to report annually on the business practices and strategies adopted with a view to long-term sustainability by mapping the activities undertaken and the results achieved over the relative timeframe.

Signing up to the UN Global Compact represents another important milestone in La Doria’s journey towards harmonising economic, social and environmental objectives, a commitment that is illustrated and reported on annually in its Sustainability Report, the latest edition of which was recently published.

For years the company has been implementing actions to promote respect for human rights and fair working conditions. In 2022, La Doria obtained Social Footprint certification for its tomato supply chain, the first of its kind to assess a product’s social footprint by analysing the organisation, people and production chain. To achieve certification, the Group mapped all suppliers of fresh tomatoes, packaging and ingredients and calculated the social footprint on certain aspects of worker protection. The environmental impact of its activities is a matter very close to the heart of the business.  For this reason, the 2023 Investment Plan of Euro 38 million includes approximately Euro 7 million this year for ESG projects that will enable the company to further cut annual emissions by 1,000 tonnes of CO2. La Doria has, in addition, committed with SBTi to set short to long-term emission reduction targets in line with the science-based net zero.


La Doria Spa

La Doria Spa, held 65% by investment companies of the Investindustrial VII L.P fund, with the remaining 35% held by members of the Ferraioli family, is Europe’s leading producer of canned pulses, peeled tomatoes and tomato pulp in the retail channel and among Italy’s leading producers of fruit juices and drinks. La Doria is also the leading producer in Europe of private label ready-made sauces.  2022 revenues totalled Euro 1.018 billion, of which over 97% generated by the private labels segment with the major domestic and international retailers.

For further details:

La Doria press office

Patrizia Lepere, Corporate Affairs & Communication Manager

Tel +39 081 5166260 – Mob 340/9673931 patrizia.lepere@gruppoladoria.it

Ad Hoc Communication Advisors

Giorgio Zambeletti – e-mail: giorgio.zambeletti@ahca.it

Ivan Barbieri – Mob: 3351415581 – e-mail: ivan.barbieri@ahca.it

Sara Mastrorocco – Mob: 3351415590 – e-mail: sara.mastrorocco@ahca.it

Beatrice Cuccirelli – Mob: 3351415587 – e-mail: beatrice.cuccirelli@ahca.it

La Doria S.p.A.- società con unico socio, Via Nazionale 320 Angri (Sa) - Italia
Capitale sociale € 46.810.000 (int. vers.)
C.F., P.IVA e N. iscrizione Registro Imprese di Salerno:
IT00180700650- REA SA147593